Honeywell High Quality Thermal Sensors
Thermal Sensor Thin-film Platinum Resistance Temperature Detector Per IEC 60751
Virtually any Thermal Switch can be packaged with a thin-film Platinum Resistance Temperature Detector in lieu of a bimetal sensor. The advantages of such packaging are as follows:
- Microprocessor control of the sensor output makes sensing potentially very flexible
- Several temperature actuation points maybe defined from one sensor
- The actuation points may be adjusted at the micro-processor after installation
- The tolerance control is an order of magnitude better than a thermal switch
- The sensor requires effectively no hysteresis between programmed close and open
- The thermal curve of an application may be sampled and/or recorded for predicting preventative maintenance based on performance rather a time interval
- The package can include two Thin-film PRTD for greater accuracy or built in redundancy
- The switch package is very robust and may be customized for the perfect thermal and mechanical fit for the application
- Thermal response may be very fast relative to a bimetal thermal switch
Many designs can be packaged to include a sensor with a thermal switch. Fire protection, wind shield temperature control, and other attributes offer competitive advantages to the end user. This design is at the forefront of diagnosing thermal management success based on facts rather than elapsed time on a calendar, an over-temperature indication requiring actions affecting service, estimates of thermal effects on orbit, or taxiing down a runway to simulate a condition in flight.
Contact us to receive assistance in creating “ordering codes”, temperature matching of primary and secondary temperatures, and useful information on application optimization as well as information on the device.
THERMAL SWITCHES exported from the United States must be done in accordance with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as applicable.